BOLSON & SONS
From NAUTIPEDIAJump to navigationJump to search
J Bolson & Sons Ltd.
- United Kingdom
Jake Bolson and Son of Poole
- 1930 Jake Bolson and Son became a limited company in 1930, as was the associated Skylark Shipyard
- WWII The shipbuilding yard came into existence during World War II as a way of meeting the demand for small craft during this period.
- 1940s the yard made oil barges for the Iranians along with motor barges for the Isle of Wight and British Transport Commission.
- 1950s The yard also undertook repair and construction of small craft such as hoppers, dredgers and sludge craft.
- 1960s From the late 50s onwards the yard began making larger sand dredgers and coasters for South Coast Shipping Co. In addition, two coastal tankers were completed for Esso. Other craft completed included excursion ferries, oil rig supply vessels and dry cargo coasters.
- 1973 - The yard abandoned shipbuilding in 1973 continuing only as a ship repairer.